A RENEWABLE ENERGY & MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CONSULTING COMPANY
MSB trading as Sea Power Ltd. was founded in 2019. The engineers in the company have been involved in providing mechanical and structural design services since the parent company formation in 2008. Previous works included complete design and build of a floating power station deployed in Co. Galway, design and build of test rigs and ancillary hydraulic and electrical systems, complete loads analysis for structures, FMECA for complex machines, LCOE studies for the renewable energy sector, subcontracting with larger companies such as ARUP international, Romax Technologies, SEAI, Wave Energy Scotland, and Universities.
MSB can provide on-site Project Engineers, Project Managers, or Mechanical or Structural Engineering roles into other client's projects as subcontracted staff, as required. We also provide 3rd-party evaluation and inspections.
If you are in the private sector, use MSB to out-source your mechanical design engineering tasks.
Previous experience in this sector includes:
- Successful Project Management of large scale (>€1,000,000) projects
- Design Qualification, Front End Engineering & Detailed Design
- Medium-scale Procurement; incl. overseeing the manufacturing of mechanical components
- Design and build of floating prototypes for tank testing incl. naval architecture calculations
- Design of complete offshore subsystems to ABB / DNV / Lloyds standards and practices.
- Design and build of gearbox unit(s), winches, hoists, and associated electrical equipment
- Design of hydraulic brakes, brake calliper units, and associated hydraulic equipment
- Lattice/framework loading analysis, pressure vessels design, bolts sizing, lifting lug design
- Design of components for fatigue (small precision components and large steel structures)
- FEA on large scale components subject to environmental loading
- Creating Lift Plan and Transportation Plans for large scale structures
- Design lifting and support structures to DNV-OS-H205 standards, applying D.A.Fs
- Design and build of large scale steel structural assemblies (> 20m OAL and > 30 tonne)
- Mooring System Design (Heavy duty chain and marine rope selection and sizing, corrosion protection features) to DNVGL-OS-E301 standards
- Hydrological design (incl. river and coastal systems)
- Design of bearings and seals for the mechanical engineering sector
- Load Bearing Analysis for large and small scale components
- Steel Structures (e.g. latticed members) design to Eurocode 3 / EN1993-1-8
- Design and procurement of steel and aluminium plate weldments, assemblies.
- Design and procurement of hydraulic powerpacks, incl. associated electrical equipment
- Complex Data Analysis
- Corrosion and antifouling protection analysis/design/procurement
- P&ID drawings and CAD work to BS 8888 standards
- Creation of I/O Lists, SCADA and LabVIEW Screens layout, Instrumentation and sensor procurement